Last Updated January 30, 2023
This policy applies to information we collect:
- We do not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Information you provide us with in connection with your use of the Platform is stored, collected, and used in connection with your and your organization's use of the Platform.
- Any personal information you provide is protected by reasonable security measures.
- Non-personal information on how you use the Platform may be automatically collected and stored.
- Unless requested by you in advance, we do not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information to any third party unless required by law. We do not disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We may ask you to provide personal information such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and employer. If you choose to provide us with personal information, we may use that information to provide you access to the Platform, as well as to provide you with the services associated with the Platform, respond to you, and/or get you the help, information, feedback, or services you requested. We retain the information you voluntarily provide to us only for as long as necessary to provide you with the Platform services and/or respond to your question or request, or in the case of access to the Platform, as long as needed to provide you with access to and use of the Platform.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED AND STORED
When you use the Platform, we use analytics tools to gather and temporarily store a variety of information about your use. The basic information we collect during your visit includes:
- The name of the domain you use to access the Internet
- The location, date and time of your use of the Platform
- The content and features you have used on the Platform
- The type and version of your Web browser and operating system
We may aggregate this data in order to improve the Platform. The aggregate data is available only to our designated team members who require this information to perform their duties. It is retained only for as long as needed for proper analysis.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal and other information only in the following ways:
- With your employer or educational institution who has a paid for use of the Platform
- With our team members who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates, or with a successor to the business in which the Platform is among the assets being transferred
- If needed to protect rights, property and/or safety, or if needed to respond to the request of law enforcement in cases where we believe disclosure is required and/or in accordance with law
- As requested or directed by you.
The Platform may only be used only by authorized teacher users and administrators that have obtained and verified all required parental consent. It cannot be used by children under the age of 18, other than in connection with a teacher's authorized use of the Platform. Teachers who use the Platform have the option to enter, store, and use the name, and a student identifier (not SSN), of their students who may be under the age of 13 in order to facilitate use of the Platform in classroom instruction. We do not collect, and authorized teacher users and administrators do not have the option to enter, store or use, email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, or other personal information of any student or their parents or guardians. The limited student information is entered only by authorized teacher users or administrators of the Platform, and not collected directly by us, and such users and administrators are responsible for the personal information of students entered into the Platform. We do not disclose any such personal information of students to any third parties, or use it other than in connection with an authorized teacher's use of the Platform.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 and would like to request that this personal information regarding your child be updated or deleted, or if you'd like to prevent further use of that information on the Platform, please contact us at: 800-321-7585 or at winsorlearning.com. We will respond to such a request within 30 days of our receipt of the request.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may be able to review and change your personal information by accessing the Platform and visiting your account profile page. You may also contact us at: 800-321-7585 or at winsorlearning.com. We will respond to such a request within 30 days of our receipt of the request. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, and disclosure. For Platform security purposes, we use software to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized use. In the event of law enforcement investigations and as part of any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
The safety and security of personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information used in connection with our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this policy from time to time. When we do, we revise the "Last Updated" date at the top of this page. We encourage you to check this page periodically for any changes. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this policy periodically and become aware of modifications.
If you have any questions about this policy, or your experience with the Platform, or want to notify us of anything, please contact us at: 800-321-7585 or at winsorlearning.com